- NADMO assists the Municipal Assembly on enforcing laws to prevent and mitigate disasters
- They set up monitoring and early warning systems to aid the identification of disasters in their formative stages, to disseminate timely information and warning, and hazard / disaster awareness creation.
- They assist and motivate the community based organizations within the Assembly to serve as the credible voluntary organizations to assist in the prevention and management of disasters in the Municipal.
- They assist in post-emergency rehabilitation and reconstruction effort in the Municipal Assembly
- They are in position to provide the first line response in times of disaster
- They ensure disaster prevention, risk and vulnerability reduction as a means of reducing the impact of disasters in the Municipal Assembly
- They create awareness on disasters through intensive public education
- They equip the Municipal Assembly to handle all aspects of disasters.
- They raise human capacity and development of staff.